A New Happening At McElrath Cabaret: Tip Tuesday–Join Us!
A little Mabel for your Tuesday!
We are going to give Tip Tuesday a try at McElrath Cabaret. This is a day when we will share tips for cabaret performance, in all its many aspects. We hope this is useful to you, and that you enjoy it! Please feel free to share your thoughts and tips in the comment section below.
Today I am thinking about ways to market what it is that we do as performers. This is an easy topic if you happen to have a lot of money to devote to marketing and publicity, but it takes a bit more creativity to come up with ways to get your message out with limited funds. However, there are some ways to promote yourself that do not require a huge budget, and I would like to offer some tips about how you can use them to your benefit.
Today’s topic is Search Engine Optimization, or how to get potential audience members to your website or blog.
I write SEO content as my day job, and there are a few tips that I can offer that you can apply to your blog posts and other website content that will help people find your website, and help it rank on the front page of search engine results lists.
1. Keywords: You will want to use some keywords that describe what it is that you do, the words that visitors to your website or blog will use to find you.
Here are some keywords that you, as a cabaret performer, can add to your blog’s content:
- cabaret performance
- cabaret singers
- (name of your hometown) cabaret performance (example: Portland cabaret performance)
- (name of your hometown) cabaret singers (ex: Portland cabaret singers)
- (name of your hometown) cabaret (ex: Portland cabaret)
- cabaret performance singers in (name of your hometown) (ex: cabaret performance singers in Portland)
- cabaret singing performance
- cabaret performance (name of your homeotown) (ex: cabaret performance Portland)
- cabaret entertainers (name of your hometown) ex: cabaret entertainers Portland)
- cabaret performer
- cabaret performer in (name of your hometown)
- (name of your hometown) cabaret performer
You get the basic idea here—tie in what you do with your locale.
2. Where to put Cabaret Performance keywords in blog content:
Try these in the title of the post, headers in the post (an example of a header is right above, with the line labeled 2. and the inclusion of the term “cabaret performance“, as well as the first and last sentences of paragraphs. This helps the search engine robots to find the keywords more easily, and connect them to your website, so that (hopefully) your site will rank higher in the search engine results list that interested visitors will receive. If you have links in your post that go back to earlier posts that you have written, try to include some keywords in the link, so instead of writing something like “Click here for more”, try “Steve Ross is one of the cabaret singers that delivers on style.” and have the term “cabaret singers” as the link back to an article you’ve written on the topic.
The more visitors to your blog or website, the better the chance that they will like what they see, and perhaps come out to see one of your performances, or sign up for your email list so that you can notifiy them the next time you are performing. (More on how to put an email list on your website in another Tip Tuesday!!)
How do you promote yourself as a cabaret performer online in an affordable fashion? Let us know in the comments. Do you have a great Cabaret performance tip that you would like to share—send us an email and let us know—we may feature it on a future Tip Tuesday!